What we collect
- We may collect the following information:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms or surveys
- Records of correspondence
- Details of transactions
- Details of your visits (to our websites and Apps)
- Where we collect data that may be shared with third parties, we will explicitly say so and provide an opportunity for you to exclude your data from being shared.
What we do with the information we gather
- We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To carry out our obligations regarding any contracts between you and TRVL
- To improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- Aggregated information about our users is used to generate reader profiles that help advertisers and sponsors to reach their target audiences.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties to comply with any legal obligation.
- If TRVL should be acquired, your personal information will be transferred to the acquiring party.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site or App. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We might use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about page traffic and improve our websites and Apps in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better websites and Apps, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
Links to other websites
Our websites or Apps may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not use your information for direct marketing purposes by third parties. However, you might receive information and offers through our newsletter. If you do not want to receive our newsletter, you can opt out by emailing us at email@example.com.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Access to your information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to TRVL Magazine, Beerensteinerlaan 12, 1406 NS, Bussum, The Netherlands