A cyclo driver gives the ‘peace’ sign on the streets of Ho Chi Minh City. Before cyclos were introduced to French Indochina, they had to be given approval by the French Public Works Department. They were first tested in the Bois de Boulogne in Paris during 1937 by two Tour de France heroes, George Speicher (1933 winner) and René Le Grèves (winner of 16 stages from 1933-39), before being imported to first Cambodia and then Vietnam.
Ho Chi Minh City – Been There

Painful memories of the “American War”

TRVL Favorites

…from the TRVL community